Thursday, February 26, 2009

God Did It All

Lessons from Life, Thursday, February 26, 2009

God Did It All

“5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.”
~Ps 37:5 ESV (English Standard Version)~

These past couple weeks I’ve had basically no money. Ok, this past week I had the 21¢ in my checking account and $5 in my wallet. Did I do everything the way God would have wanted me to do it? No. In fact, one night I emptied out my penny jar to buy candy – not just one piece or bar, but several, since an urge overcome me that I just needed something to fill a space that felt empty. I wasn’t trusting God at that point, only my stomach or emotions. Maybe somewhere back in a dark recessed corner of my mind I trusted God, but not totally.

Today I received the deposit in my checking account from the tutoring company for which I work. Yes, it feels good to have money to use again. I made it through this time calmer than I’ve ever been. This has never happened before. Actually, I didn’t do anything to be calmer, God did it all. What an admission I’ve just made. Even though I had some doubt, Jesus still helped through this time. INCREDIBLE!

My gratitude today is that the deposit went through so I have money; I can buy my meditation, next month’s bus pass, and some food tonight; I have a student to tutor tonight; and (most of all) Jesus keeps His watch over me.

In His Caring Love, Michelle

No comments: