Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mustard Seeds and Problems

Lessons from Life, Monday, February 09, 2009

Mustard Seeds and Problems

“Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above them.” ~ from Positive Affirmations by Marla Sloane, PhD~

“Even those with nothing to give can give encouragement.” ~A quote from Reminisce Magazine, from Everett Christian’s Good Things~


Today was an amazing day and this lesson is a bit long, so bear with me. I didn’t accomplish much of what I had planned, but I did accomplish some of what I needed to do. Also, I learned lessons from some very unexpected sources and people. They will make up my lesson today.

First, I received an email from Katherine Norland, a very encouraging one, plus I visited a very special website. She liked the quotes I picked comparing rain to tears and told me she’d forwarded them to one of her friends. Katherine also sent me this poem she wrote and maybe some of you can relate to it, if you’ve had dark times in your life or are having them now. She is a special poet I’ve come to know through email and meeting her once.

Tears of Rain

Water drips into a receptacle from yesterday’s rain;
The pool moves and sun reflects, it dances on the window pane.
And as I try to speak to God it draws my attention away;
As if it has its own message, something it wants to say.

It’s telling me there is hope as it sashays cheerfully;
Though dark clouds produce rain that comes down tearfully.
It is for a purpose, water brings life to all the living;
The multi-colored roses thrive in the water I was giving.

I not only did the Lord’s work, I watered my dreams with tears;
But only for a short season did I stay mourning with my peers.
I know there is a time to move on, and put the ash aside;
To anoint my head with oil, under sackcloth no longer hide.

For how can one be a pillar of strength to help others through their pain;
If they never leave that place covered in dark clouds and tears of rain.

Katherine Norland © 12-19-07 All Rights Reserved

Here is an extraordinary website on www.myspace.com about a tough little tyke with an overwhelming will to life – Timothy John Norland. Here is his website: www.myspace.com/timothyjohnnorland.

In addition, when I read Everett Christian’s Good Things from yesterday, one line of the verse jumped out at me and encouraged me – “5 For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.” ~Psalm 100: 5(New Living Translation)~

If you haven’t read Everett’s Good Things and want to, let me know and I will forward your email address to him.

Another lesson I learned today is from a December 30th Nan’s Calendar, which I printed and have on my wall by my computer (another daily spiritual treat). Two lines jumped out at me and grabbed me – “Help us to understand we don’t have to worry or be anxious about anything. We simply have to trust you.” Email me if you’d like to receive Nan’s Calendar.

So, you see, today I received what I needed for that mustard seed of faith. For those of you who don’t know what a mustard plant looks like (I didn’t), here’s a link with photos - http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/mustard-plant.html

My gratitude includes being introduced to a little guy who doesn’t realize how much he helped me. If Timothy John had the will to live, then I have the courage to go through what I am. I’m grateful for Katherine Norland, her husband, Timothy John Norland, Nan Forehand, and Everett Christian being in my life.

In the company of earthly angels, Michelle Rose

No comments: