Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Getting Back to What Stopped Me from Dying

Lessons from Life, Saturday, February 21, 2009

Getting Back to What Stopped Me from Dying

“Saints are sinners who kept on going.” ~Robert Louis Stevenson~

“If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” ~Buddhist Saying~

“I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.” ~Author Unknown~

“Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” ~Charles F. Kettering~

“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

“Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” ~Robert Schuller~

All quotes from www.quotegarden.com

Every one of these quotes inspired me tonight to write Saturday’s Lessons from Life. I went with a friend to an AA meeting last night. It was a while since attending a 12 step meeting. The topic was gratitude and if I had not had the perseverence (the topic of these quotes) I would not be the person I am today. Getting back to what stopped me from dying - the meetings – I heard people who are still struggling with their sobriety.

With the help of God and the willingness to go one day at a time without a drink or drug, I’ve become a me I never expected to be. Somehow, deep in my mind, I might have wanted to be like I am now, though.

My gratitude today is being alive, sober, and loved by Jesus and my friends. WOW! that’s a whole boatload to be grateful about!

Under His Wings, Michelle Rose

No comments: