Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Being Followed Around

Lessons from Life, Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Being Followed Around

“1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. 5 God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.” ~Ps 46:1-5 NIV~

Sasha, my cat, follows me everyplace. I know for sure this is what Jesus does. Just as Sasha assigns herself my guardian and companion, God is within me protecting me, too. Verse 5 of Psalm 46 uses the word “her” and “she,” whereas other versions use the word “city.” I may not be a whole city, but I am a “receptacle” where Jesus dwells. Maybe Jesus is using Sasha as a physical representation, reminding me that He will never leave me.

Today when I logged on to WordChimes (Quentin Clingerman’s wonderful Christian poetry site), I had a message from Ruth, one of my readers. Her message was one of support and encouragement. The last four lines of her message said this: “God is generous. God is glorious. God is gracious. Blessed be His Holy Name.” Ruth’s message to me was a response to how I felt yesterday. Thank you Ruth; this put me back on track.

My gratitude today is that Jesus loves me – yes, He does! I have gratitude for the time to accomplish writing and other tasks I’ve been too busy to do and for the willingness to do them. In addition, I am also grateful that my landlord, Jun, is continuing to work on the downstairs apartment, so I can move into it soon.

In the Son-Light, Michelle Rose

No comments: