Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An Epiphany of Answers and Promises

Lessons from Life, Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An Epiphany of Answers and Promises

“…as I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you. Be of good courage…” ~Joshua 1:5, 6~ (Confirmation text from June 2, 1963)

“And straightaway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief.” ~Mark 9:24 KJV~

Today, I had another kitchen revelation – meaning the thought for today’s lesson from God to me came to me while I was working in my kitchen.

Last night, when I finally went to bed, I was nearly asleep when the thundering thoughts (woke me up) of “WHY??? WHY God is all this happening to me? WHY have I lost pets I loved? WHY am I still wandering is this Valley of Debt? WHY is my life not moving forward into abundance the way I’m picturing it?? WHY am I not getting the work I need to help me pay the bills?” A ginormous amount of WHYs.

The Lord in His wisdom did not answer me, but gave me the blessing of restful sleep. Instead, His answers came this morning when I had a clear mind and the willingness to listen to Him. Last night, I would not have heard or accepted the answers

“I’m giving you time to look for other work. I’m allowing you time to find the answers you need to find work now. I want you to think in terms of rainbow colors instead of just black and white. I want you to realize that no matter what happens, I AM always with you. I promised you I would never leave you. I promised I would always be with you. I promised I would always guide you. I promised I would always love you, and I do.”

Here is a beautiful video I watched this morning, called “The Names of Jesus.”

http://www.dayspring.com/movies/view.asp?moviename=names.swf

I’m grateful today for God’s answers, for the student I have to tutor tonight; for getting a nice agent when I called the district office’s sub unit; for my Saviour who loves me, even when I’m completely unlovable, and for the deposit from my paycheck in my checking account to pay bills.

Am I in a completely happy mood right now – it takes me awhile, but I’m getting there. I know I’m in a better mood than yesterday.

In Christ’s Care and Love, Michelle Rose

No comments: