Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lessons from Life

Lessons from Life, Saturday, February 07, 2009 - Rain & Tears

“Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.” ~Antoine Rivarol~

“Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow.” ~Rita Schiano, Sweet Bitter Love, 1997, published by The Reed Edwards Company~

“What soap is for the body, tears are for the soul.” ~Jewish Proverb~

All quotes are from www.quotegarden.com

I heard a sound a little while ago and looked outside; it’s raining. It’s been raining the last 3 days here in SoCal. That’s fine, since my plants are getting a good watering and so is our parched area. This morning I read a poem on WordChimes and my tears started to flow. Afterwards, I felt emotionally better, but physically, I’ve been having a challenging time.

These three quotes are incredible, because I love to compare globally what happens to me on a personal level. Comparing my experiences to nature brings me closer to the God who created me. Just as rain is to the earth, so are tears are to my spirit. I can’t remember the number of times I’ve had a good cry, coming from deep inside me (way down in my gut) only to feel intensely refreshed after it. Are my problems all solved – nope, but for now my tears don’t have to flow; God is with me. Somehow I will walk through the financial mess I’m in. Then my tears will be those of joy.

My gratitude today is that even though I felt a bit sick, I didn’t stay home, which helped my spirits rise. Also, Nan Forehand, one of the women who reads this daily journey, gave me a new name – Michelle Rose – so I will be signing with this name from now on. I’m grateful for this beautiful new name. As usual, I’m grateful that Sasha is right by my side as I work on my computer. Another bit of gratitude – I put my litter scoop outside to be cleaned by the rain. ;-)

In Jesus’ Never-Ending Love, Michelle Rose

No comments: