Friday, February 6, 2009

One Blown Fuse!

Lessons from Life, Friday, February 6, 2009

One Blown Fuse!

“Be who you are and be that well.”

“Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections.”

Have patience with all things, but first of all with yourself.”

All quotes by St. Francis de Sales, Bishop of Geneva, Roman Catholic Saint, and Patron Saint of the Deaf.

I took these quotes down earlier today when I was in a slightly better mood. I’m not there now. I’m suddenly not sure who I am, so I’m not sure how well I can do it. I am not sure how much courage I have with my imperfections, which, to me, appear glaring right now. And, I’ve lost patience – especially after spending around 2 hours on the phone dealing with ATT’s automatic system and paying what I could of my bill.

That was what helped blow the fuse. I was supposed to be at a poetry reading tonight, but I really didn’t feel in the mood to be around people. I’m hate my life the way it is – always being broke and never getting enough work.

I WANT MORE! I want to be able to do other things in my life besides buy groceries and go for cheap dinners. Whoopee! I know the Lord loves me and that a better life waits for me in heaven beside my Saviour. But, I wish I would either have some kind of a better life now or that God would take me to heaven so I could have that better life.

Ok, every so often I don’t feel all cheery and happy – I get into a bad mood. Yeah, I’m human. I’m not sure what this lesson teaches me, but I hope I feel in a better frame of mind soon. I know the Lord is walking me through this.

I’m grateful for my life as it is, even though I don’t appear to be so. I’m also very grateful for Sasha, who helps lower my blood pressure, etc.

In Christ’s Love, Michelle

No comments: