Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ups and Downs

Lessons from Life, Thursday, February 05, 2009

Ups and Downs

I woke up this morning feeling a bit down. That lasted until the mail came and my paycheck was there from LAUSD for the two days I worked last month. Money makes me feel this way, but it’s a temporary “high.” For me, when I keep my eyes on Jesus, I don’t get a “high,” but have the continuous assurance that I’m loved, watched over, and have Someone to walk beside me in any situation.

I deposited my paycheck in the bank, paid some bills, and did some shopping. With the balance of my bank account going down again, so should my feelings. But, I’ve learned to deposit all my troubles and cares at the foot of the Cross, then I feel safe.

My gratitude is for my Saviour always watching over me, that I bought all kinds of healthy food at Nature Mart Bulk Bin, and that even though it was raining, (actually pouring and I got somewhat wet) the rain has stopped by the time I returned to Hollywood from Eagle Rock.

In Jesus’ Love and Power, Michelle

No comments: