Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4, 2009

Lessons from Life, Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I Know I Can

“He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.” ~Friedrich Nietzsche~

Today I had to call my student’s mother, who speaks mostly Spanish. My Spanish is rusty and when I looked up the verbs I wanted to translate in my 501 Spanish Verbs book, I couldn’t find them. I was tempted to call my coordinator and have him call the mother and give her the message. I didn’t do that, but did an online translation, which is usually not exact, but I remember enough Spanish to know most of the words in it. I called her and relayed the message – I did it on my own. Well, I had help from God as far as the motivation.

This quote means quite a bit to me. In the past months since I began writing Lessons from Life, I stood up to challenges; I walked through overwhelming stress; I ran to the Lord in time of need; I climbed into His lap when I felt insecure; I danced with joy when I overcame a challenge or had a victory, and I flew with the freedom that being God’s child gives me. This qualifies as my gratitude for today.

No comments: