Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dealing with the Pain

Lessons from Life, Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dealing with the Pain

“The greatest wealth is health.” ~Virgil~

Thursday, when I substituted at one of the high schools, I tripped and landed on both my knees on a carpeted floor. I was lucky, since I could have crashed headfirst into a glass display case a couple feet away. For a day or two after I fell, my knees did not hurt, but now, I’m feeling pain.

Because I am on SSDI (Disability), I can only make a certain amount every month over what I receive from the government. I’m happy to be able to make this extra amount, but most of the time it isn’t enough to cover my expenses.

Now that I’m older – ok, I’m not that old ;-D – my health is still good, but I have physical problems. So many times, I think about what I once was able to do and cannot do any more. So, I will take measures to reduce the pain and trust that God will heal what I cannot.

I’m grateful that I’m alive – whether I am in pain or not. I’m grateful that Sasha has been sticking by my side and keeping me company.

In the care of the Great Physician, Michelle Rose

No comments: