Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Breathing Space

Lessons from Life, Friday, February 20, 2009

Breathing Space

Today, although I prepared for work, I was hoping not to receive a call from LAUSD, since I needed time to catch up on email, Lessons from Life, and paperwork I need to finish and send out as soon as possible. If I don’t receive a call, then I don’t have to waste calling in an unavailable day, as I only get 10 days during a school year (with multiple days up to 3 months counting as one day).

So far, I’ve caught up on some email, now I have to start working on the forms I want to send out by tomorrow, in addition to preparing a lesson for my student tonight, which is partially done.

Here are two Irish blessings that cheered me on my way to do other things:

A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

My gratitude today is the sun on my face, my cat by my side, and the love of God in every aspect of my life.

Living in the Son-shine, Michelle Rose

No comments: