Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 3, 2009

Lessons from Life, Tuesday, February 3, 2009

“You get the best out of others when you get the best out of yourself.” ~Harvey S. Firestone, founder of Firestone Rubber & Tire Co.~

I received my SSDI deposit today and most of it went to pay my rent. As I was waiting for the bus, I looked up and saw the sun and its corona – so beautiful that it later sparked a poem. Beneath the sun, I saw a woman talking to a homeless man. I only had 2 dollar bills in my wallet, but I gave them to the man. I, who don’t have much, have so much more than some people. I wonder what is my best and how can I help those who have less than I do.

Last night on the way home from the dentist’s office, the people from one of the area churches were standing by the entrance to the RedLine (subway station) handing out fliers for their church and talking to people about Jesus. They were doing their best.

My best that night was to come home and rest, since I was experiencing quite a bit of pain, which might or might not be from the cholesterol meds I began taking again.

My gratitude today is the poem I wrote from what I observed today, that the Lord is watching over me, and that my rent is paid.

No comments: