Tuesday, March 3, 2009

With Malice Aforethought

Lessons from Life, Monday, March 2, 2009

“With Malice Aforethought”

“If malice or envy were a tangible shape, and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang.” ~Charley Reese. An American syndicated columnist, known for his plainspoken manner and conservative views. Born in 1937~

Quote from: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/malice.html

In my reading through the Bible in a year, I keep coming across the phrase “with malice aforethought.” Mostly it applies to murder, but in thinking about it, I can also have malice before an interaction with someone when I’m nasty, prejudiced, impatient; unaware of others’ needs by being too wrapped up in mine; loud, abrasive…in fact, it could cover just about any negative feeling or emotion.

This phrase stays with me as I go about my day and I check my thoughts and actions. Do I have malice aforethought? Am I treating others as I would have them treat me? Am I being as kind as is my normal characteristic? Am I doing what I know is right in the Lord’s sight? The Lord sets tough standards, but if I want to walk a Christian path, then I must follow them.

My gratitude today is that I finally received my upper partial to fill in the space where I lost teeth; my doctor called me back regarding my cholesterol med; I had the time to rest from its effects on my body, and God is always watching over me.

In His Grace, Michelle Rose

No comments: