Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Being Filled


Lessons from Life, Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Being Filled

“For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.”
~Ps 107:9 KJV~

“ 9 He gives those who are thirsty all of the water they want.
He gives those who are hungry all of the good food they can eat.” ~Ps. 107:9 (New International Reader's Version)~

After yesterday’s adventure and getting all upset, I calmed down. My heart sometimes longs for things that feel or appear beyond my reach. God takes very good care of me. I am blessed with many belongings in my life and even blessings beyond what I can see. Sometimes I yearn for more and I wonder if it’s wrong — wrong to want to feel more comfortable financially than I am now. So many people have much less. Because of the “cusp” I’m on financially, I am attuned to the homeless and the guys hanging out by Home Depot looking for day work. It’s given me an idea, something I’ve wanted to do for awhile, for poetry I want to write. There’s a poetry contest coming up in my area and it will give me an opportunity to put my idea in motion. Sometimes people like this are invisible to those who have never been in the circumstances the homeless or day workers are. I’ve felt “between the cracks” at times in my life when I haven’t received what I’ve needed – not from God, but from government agencies when I had much less than I do now.

God fills me so that I don’t thirst or hunger with Jesus’ love. Why, then do I still hunger for more? Maybe God realizes this is a question I’m not ready for His answer. Maybe He’s waiting until He knows I can openly accept His answer. Maybe.

I’m grateful today for a roof over my head, for my five senses, my functioning body, my Sasha, for many things in my life that I often take for granted. I’m grateful I have the money to buy what I need. I’m grateful for Jesus’ forgiveness when I don’t depend totally on Him.

God’s Wondering Child, Michelle Rose

No comments: