Monday, March 30, 2009

Why I Don’t Watch, Read, or Listen to the News



Lessons from Life, Monday, March 30, 2009

Why I Don’t Watch, Read, or Listen to the News

I had the tv news on this morning while I was waiting for something – oh yes – my back to stop hurting. The first story horrified me – a couple of USC students were killed and another one seriously injured by a hit-and-run driver who stopped the car after hitting the students, pushed them off the hood, and then took off. I listened long enough to get the story straight, then turned the news off and prayed for the families of the students.

I can’t believe that people can be that callous about life. I hurt for those families of the students hit. The lessons here for me is crystal clear – never be like these people. Love others and their lives as a precious gift. I may not care for all people, but I certainly would not do them any harm. Even through the physical pain I experienced today, I knew that the mother of the daughter was going through something a hundred times worse. This is one news story that will not leave me any time soon. I pray the police catch whoever did this.

My gratitude today is that the Lord allows me to feel the pain I do when these situations happen and that He shows me what kind of a person to be, rather than not to be.

Praying to God for Justice, Michelle Rose

No comments: