Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hurting for Others


Lessons from Life, Sunday, March 08, 2009

Hurting for Others

I Corinthians 14:33
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.

“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa~

February 19 was the 3rd anniversary of Mom’s death and February 7th the 3rd anniversary of my beautiful Seal Point Snowshoe Siamese cat, Monique. I didn’t get a chance to grieve the first anniversary, since I was working that day. Yesterday, I thought about Monique (aka Moquie), but was too focused on sitting still to help my leg heal.

Today, I received an email from an online friend about a family tragedy – I ached so much for this family. I sent an ecard and called, praying with my online friend. For some reason, this helped bring out my own tears to grieve Mom and Moquie. So many times when I hear of others’ trials and tragedies, I hurt for them more than I hurt for myself. I’m not sure why, but I believe it’s a gift God has given me for whatever reason.

My gratitude today is feeling better, so I can get out for a bit of shopping I need and meet a friend for dinner. It won’t extend myself physically, but take it easy, as I am still not healed completely.

In the Protection of His Wings, Michelle Rose

No comments: