Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nature Around Me


Lessons from Life, Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Nature Around Me

The butterfly is a flying flower,
The flower a tethered butterfly.
~Ponce Denis Écouchard Lebrun

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. ~Maya Angelou

How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! ~John Muir

All the quotes are from http://www.quotegarden.com
God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars. ~Martin Luther

I am not only a quot-a-holic, but a nature-holic. I find things to express how I feel in quotes. Nature provides me with what life is all about – the Supreme Being who created it; the fact that He watches over me; the lessons I learn from animals; inspiration for my writing; the beauty my eyes can behold, and every other reason in the world.

Even living in the city, nature surrounds me. One night, when I came home, I saw two raccoons, possibly juveniles, walking from my yard to the one next door. I love raccoons, but stay away from them as they can be dangerous. I wondered that night why they had come down from the hills, since I don’t see them too often. They must have had some need to come into the city. I just hoped they found what they needed and returned back to their territory unharmed.

My gratitude today is time to do my laundry to prepare for work at my favorite high school tomorrow and a mild day where it rained in the morning and is now clear. I also have gratitude for the Lord who created all I see that enriches my life – the beautiful and the not so beautiful.

Living in My Father’s World, Michelle Rose

No comments: