Sunday, March 8, 2009

When God Says, "Stop."

Lessons from Life, Saturday, March 7, 2009

When God Says, "Stop."

“But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord.” ~Jer. 30:17~

I’ve had a knee injury since last month. I haven’t been to Urgent Care yet, since the pain comes and goes. Yesterday, it was very bad, in addition to my feeling very weak and lightheaded. I cancelled my plans and just sat still the whole day, with the exception of a short trip to Ralph’s for food.

Today, I still have some pain, but in comparison to yesterday, when I could not put any weight on my leg until later that evening, it is much better. I didn’t want to sit still for a day, I wanted to go to the poetry workshop and get the chapbook in which I’m printed, then have dinner with my friend.

Sometimes listening to God is difficult, especially if it interrupts my plans. The key word here is “my.” God does not make His plans according to what Michelle wants. I don’t have God’s superior knowledge, power, or sight. I am an imperfect human who relies totally on the Lord to direct my life. That’s exactly what He did yesterday.

My gratitude is that God takes care of me better than I take care of myself.

Healing in His Power, Michelle Rose

No comments: