Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Untangling Knots

Lessons from Life, Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Untangling Knots

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
~Mark Twain~

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~Agatha Christie~

Quotes from: http://www.paralumun.com/quotes.htm

So many times I’ve wanted to just give up. Yep, throw the covers over my head; bury myself deeply under them. Pray that the earth would open up and swallow me, or some other variation of running away from what fear, responsibility, task, whatever it was faced me. Yet, I never did. Sometimes I didn’t know why I kept going. Other times I knew exactly why. I’m not a quitter, but a fighter and a survivor. I’ve been doing it all my life in one form or another. I found that the quickest way to untangle what I feared was to go straight through it.

When Mom was alive, she made a living as a professional seamstress. One of the lessons she taught me was how to untangle knots. Unless a tangle is so tight that no amount of force or action can unravel it, then most can be undone. The secret lies in the heart of the knot. By picking at one strand at a time, I found the one that loosened the knot either partially or altogether. Challenges are like that. Each has a center strand that if worked on, will reveal its solution. I have always heard that within each problem, lies its solution. It is there, just waiting to be found.

My gratitude today is that I received my SSDI deposit so I can pay my rent and buy some calcium supplements, I have a student to tutor this evening, Sasha is my constant companion, God loves me unconditionally.

Living in the Son-Light, Michelle Rose

No comments: