Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Wild and Wooly Day



This is what I want to feel like...I hope this feeling will return soon. For now, it's just enough to chill for a day or two. (Photo from Flickr)

Lessons from Life, Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Wild and Wooly Day

“The Lord liveth; and blessed be the rock; and exalted be the God of my salvation.”
~II Sam. 22:47 KJV~

I feel like I traveled all over LA today – it was one tiring day. But…I filed the bankruptcy (still have more to do with that), saw my therapist, talked to my one company about the paperwork I have to send in, and got ok’d to start tutoring two new students.

Still, I feel a bit unhinged. I’ve been under enormous stress for such a long time maybe this is to be expected. On one of the buses I was riding, I saw a advertisement for a place to help people with heroin and pain killer addictions. I’m fortunate I don’t have that problem. The name of their website really caught my attention – FeelNormal. I thought to myself, I haven’t felt normal in such a long time, I don’t remember what it’s like.

Here are some things that would help me feel normal – a soothing 1 hour massage, a one-way (just kidding) trip to the most beautiful place on earth, a (mundane) steak dinner at someplace slightly better than Sizzler, a haircut that I haven’t given myself, being able to stay in this apartment, and oh yeah, a male companion (even if he’s just a friend). Well, stranger things have happened.

My gratitude today is that I finally got the bankruptcy filed and the procedure started and that Sasha is right here keeping her Mommie (me) company.

One Very Tired Person, Michelle Rose

No comments: