Thursday, April 28, 2011

Strong Prayer

Strong Prayer
April 28, 2011

32 For who is God, save the Lord? and who is a rock, save our God? 33 God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. 34 He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet: and setteth me upon my high places. II Samuel 22: 32-34 KJV

Just awhile ago when I was in the bathroom, I made the statement, “My prayer is so weak.” And I decided to examine, just exactly what makes my prayer this way. Is it me? Is it my laziness? Is it the fact that I feel the only time to pray is in the morning? Maybe all of these things and a misconception I may have about prayer.

Yesterday in the shower, two men I’ve never met, but are strong Christians came into my mind. Now, this might be a strange place for me, a woman, to think about Christian men I’ve never met, but God doesn’t want His followers to pray when it’s convenient for them. So, right then and there, I prayed for these two men. The thought occurred to me that there is no correct time to pray. That’s what makes it strong.

I knew a lady in a church I attended who told me many times, “Pray without ceasing.” This, too, is what makes prayer strong. In David’s prayers to the Lord when Saul kept persecuting him, David prayed all the time. Second Samuel 22 is an amazing prayer of David. The whole chapter is filled with praises to God. And if David prayed in caves, before battle, as a king, and in all kinds of other situations, then I guess I can, too.

There’s never a correct time or place to pray and that is what makes it strong.

God’s blessings upon you, your family, and your furkids (if you have any). If any of you would like to pass this on to others you know, please feel free. Also, if you’d like to be removed from this list for any reason (like you read it in other places), please let me know – there will be no hard feelings. I do this not for those who read it, but because of what happens between God and me.

Michelle Rose

1 comment:

Gillena Cox said...

"there is no correct time to pray."

Amen to that

much love...