Sunday, May 1, 2011

In the Midst of Praise

In the Midst of Praise
May 1, 2011

1”In that day you will say:
Although you were angry with me,
your anger has turned away
and you have comforted me.
2Surely God is my salvation:
I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and
my song;
He will become my salvation.”
3With joy you will draw water
from the wells of salvation.

4In that day you will say:
Give thanks to the Lord, call on his
name;
make known among the nations what he
has done,
and proclaim that his name is exalted.
5Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious
things;
let this be known to all the world.
5Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of
Zion,
for great is the Holy one of Israel
among us.
Isaiah 12:1-6

I couldn’t help but include this whole chapter, maybe the shortest in the book of Isaiah. Yesterday when I was feeling down, and asked God to help me find something in the Bible that would help me, this is the first verse to which I opened.
After that, I thought, well, what’s the best praise song I know, and the Doxology came to mind. So, I sang it until I felt better.

Tonight’s God’s Tug will be short, since this was a lesson I’ve learned in the past and I have a feeling God will teach it to me until I know it by heart.

I’ve become somewhat lax about posting God’s Tug – I apologize for that. Not just for the fact that others (many I don’t know) receive courage and inspiration from it, but also because God has directed me to do these writings.(and we all know what happened to Jonah when he ignored God) ;~D

God’s blessings upon you, your family, and your furkids (if you have any).

Michelle Rose

1 comment:

Gillena Cox said...

ah, what solace there is in the living Word; glad you shared with us

much love...