Friday, May 6, 2011

Ups and Downs

Ups & Downs
May 6, 2011

Ok, I haven’t written God’s Tug in quite some time. The truth is that I wasn’t sure if I wanted to continue it. I didn’t feel God tugging at me to write this blog. Yet, so much has happened this week and I wrote to two of the Christian women I know online with this concern. They both emailed me back with great answers. Thank you both.

Downs:
I found out that my psychiatrist might be leaving. I’ve only seen him once and may see him again in June. It’s quite frustrating to see a health care professional, especially once or twice for my emotional disability.
Well, this is a minor down – my iPod bit the dust.
I didn’t have enough money to pay my bills, but I did manage to buy food – quite enough of it to last me for awhile.

Ups:
I finally got my “Blue Dot” training at the Humane Society so I can volunteer with the Mobile Adoption Unit, which I’m doing this Sunday, Mother’s Day.
I’ve been writing quite a number of poems, since I discovered a nice, peaceful place for inspiration.
I’ve been getting cuttings of plants, so I can add more green to my apartment.
The other day when I was shopping in Trader Joe’s, I was sharing with another woman and told her how much I wanted an orchid, but never seemed to have the money. A few minutes later, she came up to me with a purple orchid inside a Trader Joe’s bag, for which she’d paid. I never expected that.

I will continue writing God’s Tug, but it may not be on a daily basis. God continues to call me to write this blog. And through this week I’ve seen His hand in my life no matter what the situation.

One issue I continue to have problems with is being a toxic food dump. It’s something that keeps separating me from God and it’s one of my most difficult addictions to get a handle on. I’ve done all kinds of things. So, I will continue to pray to God for solutions. I ask for prayer for me in this area. Thank you.

May God richly bless you, your family, and your furkids (if you have any).

Michelle Rose

2 comments:

Geo. said...

Favorite one-liner from the Carmelite, St. Thérèse of Lisieux: "Each small part of everyday life is part of the total harmony of the universe."

In the context of such a tremendous operation operation as the universe, it's no wonder we have to refocus now and then. I hope you post some of the poetry the process generates.

Michelle said...

Thank you for your comment Geo. I'm posting my poetry - not all of it - at my other blog - http://cheetaahhsspot.blogspot.com/

I'm writing poetry again and I want to get enough to be able to send it to an editor and publish it. That's been a goal of mine for many years.

I like that one-liner. Yes, everything in the universe has a purpose.