Sunday, April 10, 2011

Humor in Walking God's Path

Humor in Walking Gods Path
April 10, 2011

Jesus tries to make a point.

Jesus saw a crowd chasing down a woman to stone her and approached them. "What's going on here, anyway?" he asked."This woman was found committing adultery, and the law says we should stone her!" one of the crowd responded."Wait," yelled Jesus. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Suddenly, a stone was thrown from out of the sky, and knocked the woman on the side of her head.
"Aw, c'mon, Dad..." Jesus cried, "I'm trying to make a point here!"

http://www.christian-jokes.net/Jokes/Bible-Humor/144-Jesus-tries-to-make-a-point.aspx

I had no idea what I wanted to write about today, but somehow the thought of Christian humor entered my mind, so I googled it. This made me laugh because the Bible is quite serious on so many things in my faith. However, God never said (or at least I don’t know if it’s said anywhere in the Bible) I always have to be serious. I love humor, at least those which don’t make nasty fun of other people, (i.e. blonde, racial, & ethnic jokes), ones that are just plain cruel, or are just plain dirty. They don’t interest me. Now this is an opinion, but it’s my own – much of society today is too numb about being sensitive to others (not everyone). Maybe that’s why when I hear off-color jokes or ones like I described above, it just turns me off. And the closer I move in my faith toward, the less I want to hear off-color or nasty jokes. Does that make me “a goody-two-shoes”? Maybe. What I care about is doing what the Lord wants me to do and being the kind of person He would have me be. Yes, I love to laugh and studies have shown that laughing can be a pain reliever. When I’m laughing at something genuinely funny, I don’t feel as much pain. The endorphins kick in and I feel like a different person. Isn’t this what my God would have me do? Isn’t this why He created me with a conscience, heart, and soul? For me these are rhetorical questions.

May God bless you, your families, and any furkids you might have.
Michelle Rose

No comments: