Saturday, April 9, 2011

Use, Used, Using

Use, Used, Using
April 9, 2011

20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. Genesis 50:20 New Living Translation

I am the vessel. The draft is God's. And God is the thirsty one. ~Dag Hammarskjold, Markings, 1964

Use can be either a noun or a verb. The concept can be either a bad or good. People can use other people – friends use friends for many good reasons. There are also people who use others for their own selfish and evil purposes. God uses people for His own purposes. Ok, Sasha uses me, since I feed and love her and clean her litter box out. I use her for companionship and another one much more important – helping ground me in my emotional disorder –manic-depression (shhhh, Sasha doesn’t know it).

God used me today to write today’s blog. I wanted to walk away from the computer, but I knew if I did, this blog would not get written.

You’ve all heard the following story, I’m sure, but it’s a funny example of the way God uses people. I’ll summarize it. It’s about the God-fearing old lady and the atheist who have a verbal war each morning about the existence of God. One day the old lady prays to God for groceries, since she’s hungry. The next day she opens her door to see groceries are there, but the last two lines are the funniest:

'PRAISE THE LORD!' she cried out 'HE HAS PROVIDED GROCERIES FOR ME!' The atheist neighbor jumped out of the hedges and shouted: 'THERE IS NO LORD; I BOUGHT THOSE GROCERIES!!' The little old lady threw her arms into the air and shouted: 'PRAISE THE LORD! HE HAS PROVIDED ME WITH GROCERIES AND MADE THE DEVIL PAY FOR THEM!'

God’s blessings upon all of you, your families, and you furkids. If you wish to share my blog with others, please feel free to do it.

Michelle Rose

2 comments:

Geo. said...

The desire to make one's self useful can't be further reduced. I think it is in the irreducible we get closest to truth.

Michelle said...

I think you're right Geo. When I don't have something, someone who needs me, I have a difficult time.

Bless you and your family. I'll visit your site this week.

Michelle