Saturday, April 2, 2011

"F" Words; Don't Worry, It's Clean

"F" Words - It's clean don't worry
April 2, 2011

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 1 Peter 5:6 (New International Version, ©2011)

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Psalm 119:9-11 (NIV)

Tonight when I fed my cat, I said to her, “Sasha, you want some food?” She immediately responded by bounding into the kitchen. Then I thought for her food is her “f” word. So many times, when society thinks in terms of the “f word,” it is only in the use of profanity. Here are some other “f words,” and their associations in God’s world.

Freedom – for someone living in a war-torn country, or under the rule of a dictatorship, it’s the ability to live without fear, or to worship how they choose.

Forgiveness – it’s the knowledge that when a wrong is done, there is grace beyond the mistake.

Faith – knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Lord exists and He watches over His creations no matter what happens.

Family – those around you who may be relations, friends, or companions in a common belief. For those who do not have blood relations, their friends are often their family.

Friends - non-relations sticking with others through good and bad times, and loving them unconditionally. It hurts when they pass out of your life for whatever reason.

Fun – that which is done to relieve seriousness and work.

Fingers – the appendages on hands for many uses in life, such as praying, typing, eating, or holding the hands of others.

Ok, these are just a few words with positive connotations beginning with the letter “f.” It’s not always linked with profanity. They are words that I associate with positive attitudes, what God would have me do in my life, and those that uplift me in the presence of negativity. And just so those reading this blog think I’m saying these things because I’m perfect, I want to tell you I’m definitely not. I’ve let a few of those other “f” words slip from my tongue and I have to ask Jesus for forgiveness.

If you prefer to read this blog elsewhere, either on www.wordchimes.com or by email, please send me an email telling me so. Also, if you would prefer to be dropped from God’s Tug. No hard feelings.

Blessings upon you, your families, and your furkids (if you have any).
Michelle Rose

1 comment:

Geo. said...

Michelle, I like your list of positive f-words! But you oughtn't fret over slipping up now and then. I do. Occasional profanity burns plaque off the backs of my teeth. I suspect it's some sort of natural dentifrice.