Thursday, April 14, 2011

By God's Grace & Glory

By God’s Grace and Glory
April 14, 2011

11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. 12 O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee. Psalms 85:1-2 KJV

I have been going through many things lately: the ugly, the bad, & the good. Here’s how I see it – not through my eyes, but through the eyes of the Lord.

God, I hurt physically so much, but thank you God that I’m alive.
God, I have very little money, but thank you Jesus that I have some money in my wallet.
God, I have overdrawn my checking account, but thank you Father that I have a couple friends who lent me the money to cover the overdraft.
Father, I’m lonely, but thank you God that I have friends who love me and a cat to keep me company.
God, I hurt today when I went to an AA meeting, but thank you God that I was able to get there and that I’m sober (I know many people struggle with getting and staying sober).
God, I’d love to be able to help people more than I do, but thank you God that you’ve provided a way to help people one day at a time through the internet.
God, I don’t have very many clothes to wear, but thank you Jesus for the clothes I do have, since I know that many people have less than I do.
Jesus, sometimes I dislike living in one room, but thank you Jesus for the roof over my head, since I know that many people are living on the streets out in the heat and cold.
Father, I haven’t been working much lately, but thank you Father for the hours that I am tutoring and for the extra work that has been promised to me by my company.

So, this is my list for now; however, I’m sure that I can add so much more. Today I was thinking that all the bad things that are happening to me right now are the evil one attacking. Yet, by God’s grace and glory, I am blessed. He watches over me and protects me. I praise you God. I praise you Jesus. No one will take me from your hands. I know that.

Michelle Rose

No comments: