Wednesday, April 13, 2011

God's Love

God’s Love
April 13, 2011

1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
2 Give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.
3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:1-3 NIV

Great thoughts and a pure heart that is what we should ask from God.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

library.timelesstruths.org/music/The_Love_of_God/ Here are the lyrics of a song that tells about God’s love.

I have this image in my mind of seeing a couple mothers nursing their babies when they were in public places. It touched me because of the beautiful look of love I saw on their faces while doing it. Ok, maybe some of you mothers who have had children and nursed them may not agree with me, but I think this site is one of the most wonderful. And there are mothers who don’t love their babies and children this way. You might think I’m sappy, but it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Then, I segue into thoughts of how much God loves me and it’s beyond my comprehension. My mind can’t contain the whole of this concept because there is no end to how much He loves me. Only through the birth of His Son, who died to become my Saviour can I wrap my mind around how much I’m loved. Some days when I’m feeling down, I have a hard time with the depth of His love, but it doesn’t last long. God never stopped finding ways to show me how much He loves me. It’s incredible to think that someone like me, who doesn’t deserve His love because of my sins, should be forgiven by the blood of Jesus. I am loved by the Father, saved by the Son, and guided by the Holy Spirit. I am guided through this life until I see my Saviour face-to-face. Little babies are miraculous beings – totally dependent upon their families. Sometimes, I crumple in my adulthood and become childlike and needy, just wanting to sit on my Heavenly Father’s lap and have His arms around me. And you know what? He’s never too busy to do that for me because His love endures forever. Hallelujah!

May God’s blessings rain down on you, your families, and furkids (if you have any).

Michelle Rose

No comments: