Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Life's Pebbles and Boulders aka Problems

Life’s Pebbles and Boulders aka Problems
April 12, 2011

24 Then the end will come, when he [Jesus] hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he [Jesus] has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. I Corinthians 15:24-27 NIV (but if you are so inclined, read the whole section of Paul talking about the resurrection of the dead and the body – I Cor. 12-58 – it’s amazing!)

It took me quite awhile today to read the whole section that Charles Stanley used in his magazine In Touch for the meditation today, which was from verse 20-58. I’m glad I did. In life everyone has problems and they are as varied as anyone can think of. I’ll just mention them generally – health, loneliness, grief, natural disasters, poverty, victims of crime and at least a gazillion more.

I think about problems, but I’ve also heard so many things about God taking care of them. Here are several of them:

God is bigger than any problem I have. (I’m sure many have heard this one before)

God is good all the time.

Life’s not fair, but God is good. (This saying is on a mug a late friend gave me.)

I’m sure everyone has some sayings of their own that they’ve either heard or have been brought up with. One problem, though, which neither I nor anyone else for that matter, can successfully overcome is victory over death. When I read the verses above I had to read them several times over, since I was so amazed by them. Only Jesus through God the Father can do this. I know this, but it's still always amazing to read again.

This will be a short God’s Tug tonight. I’ve been dealing with quite a bit of pain in my lower back and bad headaches the last few days (no I’m not complaining, I just have to take care of myself), so I’m off to bed after I post tonight’s blog. Also a praise for God - my company has offered me (and other tutors) a chance for some temporary work until the end of June, so I will not be unemployed just yet. YAY God! ;-)

God’s blessings upon you, your families, and (any) furkids.

Please note that you may pass God’s Tug on to anyone you think would like it. I appreciate any comments you have for me, whether I agree with them or not.
Life's

Michelle Rose

No comments: