Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Dog's Loyalty

A Dog’s Loyalty
April 19, 2011

Man is a dog's idea of what God should be. ~Holbrook Jackson

The dog is the only animal that has seen his god. ~Author Unknown

We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Quotes from http://quotegarden.com (as were the ones about the cats last night)

Continuing on the thread I started last night and will continue through the week (ok, can you guess where this is going?), I will “spotlight” dogs. So, what do dogs have to do with God? When dogs are in bad situations and they are rescued, they become loving companions. When, I as a human do bad things, my God does not stop loving me. That is true of a dog no matter what situation they are in. I have seen documentaries where they say that a dog will do anything to please its master. I, too, do all I can to please my Lord, my Saviour because one of these days, when I die, I will face Jesus in Heaven. The two quotes above I like best are the ones by George Eliot and Robert Louis Stevenson. I long for love and although I have many friends who love me, and maybe somewhat unconditionally, none come as close as the canines I’ve encountered. Now this doesn’t mean my friends don’t love me – they do. Dogs are just very sensitive to someone’s feelings and nature. (shhhh, don’t let Sasha hear me saying this!) ;~D And will I see the dogs who went to heaven? Ones I’ve grieved for? I hope so because I think God put them in my life and on earth to let mankind know how loyal He is. And on the flip side of that - just how loyal am I to God? Only I can answer that in my heart and spirit.

And now, to end on a touch of humor, since my eyes are getting a bit misty…(I know those of you who own dogs will understand).

I wonder what goes through his mind when he sees us peeing in his water bowl. ~Penny Ward Moser

May God bless you, your families, and your furkids (if you have any).

Michelle Rose

No comments: