Monday, April 13, 2009

Emtionally Drained


Lessons from Life, Saturday, April 4, 2009

Emotionally Drained

Today was supposed to be a fun day, but by the time I came home, I was so very tired physically and emotionally. I arrived at Poetry & Cookies late because the bus didn’t come on time and nearly didn’t get to read because I was kind of forgotten since I went to the bathroom. I think I’ll stay home next year since the rest of the day didn’t go very well either. My student didn’t show up, although her grandfather called later to apologize. By that time I just wanted to leave and come home. One of the poets gave me a ride down Lake Ave. Crossing the street after the light turned green, I nearly became roadkill when a car barreled through the red light – I pulled back just in time. Fortunately, the bus came a few minutes later – I felt so anti-social.

I was grateful to get in bed early, since there was nothing much on tv, and to read a very good book.

God’s Vulnerable Child, Michelle Rose

No comments: