Monday, April 13, 2009

A Day to Reflect


Lessons from Life, Sunday, April 12, 2009 – Easter

A Day to Reflect

“What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it.” ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars, 1939, translated from French by Lewis Galantière

Today was not a grand and spectacular day although it was Easter. It was a day of reflection and facing some fears. I didn’t do much today, but faced the fact that in applying for a summer job teaching, I’m stuck on getting the first word down on the paper to create a curriculum. It is an irrational fear, but one that writers often have. I went through the gamut of “I can’t do this!” to “I’m not good enough to do this,” back to (after talking to a couple of friends), “OK, I CAN do this.” (Thanks to Ms Nordstrom!)

I’m also upset about a friend whom I haven’t heard from for quite awhile, even though I’ve called many times. I don’t know what’s going on with this friend, but I’ve decided, for my peace of mind, to let the friendship go and if this friend wants to contact me, then that’s what will happen.

My gratitude today is – even though I ran the gamut of emotions (from depressive to manic) – I managed to wind up on an even keel. The Lord takes such good care of me.

Taking It One Step at a Time, Michelle Rose

No comments: