Friday, November 13, 2009

Taking A Timeout...

This week I've been troubled by knee pain. It has not been a particularly busy week, in fact I did not work Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. As I write this I'm quite tired, but I wanted to get it done. On Saturdays, I usually go to an AA meeting in the morning, then head out to Pasadena for a poetry workshop/reading. I don't even have the energy to do that.

So, I'm allowning myself a real time out. A whole day off to just rest. If I work on the computer, it will be sitting in bed. If I read, it will be sitting in bed. Other than that, I will just spend some time sitting on the porch if it's warm.

Many people (out of love) tell me to exercise to feel better. But that's not been happening. The more I walk, the worse my knee and legs feel. So, instead of listening to others, tomorrow I'm listening to my body and taking a time out.

No comments: