Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Sting of Loneliness

All you really need is the One who promised never to leave or forsake you - the One who said, "Lo, I am with you always." - Joni Eareckson Tada -

The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted, uncared for and deserted by everybody. The greatest evil is the lack of love and charity. - Mother Teresa -

I found these 2 quotes in Everett Christian's Good Things, which is in my email every day. I'm glad I found them, since the other night I was feeling a bit left out of some things. Okay, but this was just my feeling, not reality.

When I feel lonely, I still remember that Jesus promised He'd never leave me. And through all kinds of situations, day in and day out - He's with me. His promise is as good as His word. And the fact that I know Jesus is always with me, well, it takes the sting out of the feeling that I'm never alone. Never. I may not be with people, but I'm with the God who created me and no one knows me better.

So, next time you think that you're alone, don't look down. Look within your heart and up to the heavens. There is where the One who will never leave you is. And He's the best friend you'll ever have. I know it's true for me.

No comments: