Monday, November 2, 2009

Not Exactly Lessons from Life

This morning, I woke up early, then needed to sleep a bit more, because of the physical pain I felt. After waking up, I swept my apartment and made breakfast. I thought today was the day I had 2 doctor's appointments, bu they are next Monday and Friday.

Here we are in November and another year is almost done. Looking back, I've accomplished some of what I set out to do and other goals remained unfinished. Yet, I feel more serene, more content, more self-confident in many ways. So, I can't say this year has been totally bad. There were many wonderful parts, aside from the overstressful crises I went through.

Will I renew writing Lessons from Life? I don't know. I do know that writing them helped me through an extremely difficult time in my life. It brought me closer to God, brought me a new understanding of my abilities, and what I could handle. This year I made many major decisions - to move to a smaller apartment, to resign from substitute teaching, to return to AA meetings, letting go of many things I had held onto that were crowding my life, in addition to other lesser decisions.

This morning I made another decision - to start my day reading Nan's Calendar on the computer, then move onto my email and other things online. Next I will read my email, including Good Things, written by Everett Christian. When I first woke up, I read my Bible. As I move through the day, I pray for people in my life and others, plus situations like the war and those in need. Will I continue writing this on a daily basis? I don't know - I only know it helped me this morning and I needed to see my thoughts in black and white.

No comments: