Saturday, August 1, 2009

Courage

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Courage

“You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
~Reminisce Magazine~

What does courage have to do with becoming healthy and losing weight? Everything. It is stepping out of known ways to start new habits. It is taking on tasks I’ve never done before. I am looking at life through a new pair of glasses, knowing that what I see will be guiding me to my goal whether or not it appears to relate to it because every experience in life is interconnected.

Today my poetry group started discussing a poetry festival we plan to put on next year and I volunteered to do some things I’ve never done before. Is this a bit scary for me? Of course. Am I going to run away from it? Not on your life. I am losing sight of the shore I’ve been clinging to for most of my life. I’m gaining new experiences for myself. Maybe this won’t be easy, but I’ve never been one to back down from anything challenging.

Michelle Rose

No comments: