Thursday, August 13, 2009

Muffins and Thoughts


Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Muffin Day

On Tuesday I bought 4 muffins at Ralph’s, since they were inexpensive and I thought I’d eat them the next 4 days for breakfast. Lesson learned – muffins don’t last long – they ended up being breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Inexpensive means nothing if I have no control over what I eat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thought Filling

“Seek freedom and become captive of your desires; seek discipline and find your liberty.” ~Frank Herbert~

“You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.” ~James Lane Allen~

This morning I woke up with the most horrible taste in my mouth. My throat burned and the bad taste kept coming up from inside me. Ok, this came from the thought the previous day that I could eat 4 large blueberry muffins in one day. Fortunately, today I focused on God and had a better day. Each day, I will do my utmost to focus more on the Lord and fill my thoughts with Him and on Him. If I focus on Jesus, He is the one who guides me through the day and not me.

I once heard something that said if God is my co-pilot, I’m in the wrong seat. For sure!

Michelle Rose

**This photo is of San Francisco harbor. I took this photo many years ago when I visited SF with my brother, David.

No comments: