Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Support Under My Feet


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Support Under My Feet

“18When I said, ‘My foot is slipping,’ your love, O Lord, supported me. 19When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul…. 22But the Lord has become my fortress and my God the rock in whom I take refuge.”

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~John Muir

I don’t often forget who made me and the world around me or why I’m here. When I become sad and want to quit the goals I aim for. When I don’t feel like a miracle. When I feel that “I’m nobody” or “I’m unloved,” then all I have to do is look around myself outside to see the miracles my God created. These are when my foot slips, but the Lord has never left me alone.

I took a walk today. True it was only for about 7-8 blocks east on Hollywood Blvd. (not in nature) and I experienced quite a bit of pain while walking, but I was supported every step of the way. I almost quit before I arrived at my chosen destination – the block before Vermont Ave. , but I kept going. When I crossed the street, a refreshing cool breeze came my way. Maybe this was my Lord’s way of saying, “I’m here. I know you can make it. Keep going.” For the rest of the walk, I experienced somewhat less pain, taking the bus home, so that I didn’t walk more than I was able.

Michelle Rose

No comments: