Thursday, July 30, 2009

Exercising for Health

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Exercising for Health

Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

I’ve been having so much trouble with my back. Everyone tells me that exercise helps it, but I have been reluctant to do it, since I’ve been in so much pain. It’s like the chicken and the egg, well maybe. When I walked yesterday, I felt some relief. Today, I worked out at home and felt more relief. I have a feeling that’s it is a matter of finding the correct kind of exercise for my condition. I know one thing, the endorphins sure kicked in and I felt emotionally and spiritually better after I exercised today. I think if the Lord had wanted us to be lazy, He would not have afflicted humans with all the diseases and conditions that go along with not exercising. (ok, no offense to anyone who is in good shape and doesn’t exercise – this is mainly for myself and what I see needs to be done in my life and to prevent conditions in my body).

Michelle Rose

No comments: