Saturday, March 26, 2011

Trust

Trust
March 26, 2011

9 And [God] said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. II Corinthians 12:9 KJV

The Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need. Psalm 23:1 NLT

My condition has been going on for almost (or more than) 6 months now. It’s worse in the mornings and throughout the day, but slightly better at night. I don’t know what this condition is, but I know that I will find out eventually what’s causing it. Throughout the last several months, God has been with me. He has held me up and strengthened me. God has given me hope, that I will eventually feel better. Now I don’t know this for sure, but through the Lord’s grace I know it. Yes, the situation is frustrating, since I have much less energy than I had previously, but if I’m not trusting God to take care of me and Jesus to walk beside me, then who can I trust? I believe that the Lord is my Heavenly Physician. He can go where no doctor on earth can go in my body because He made me. Modern medical science may have progressed since the early days, but it’s still a guessing game much of the time. God never guesses – He knows. I must admit, I knew I had to write about the verse from II Corinthians when I saw it on Everett Christian’s Good Things last night. I also saw this version of the first verse of the 23rd Psalm on Good Things and it made so much sense to me. It’s written in a positive light. Words are so powerful. As a writer I know this. So I take these 2 verses together and use them to hold me up when I don’t feel so strong. And when they hold me up, it’s not my strength, but God’s strength and glory that are helping me. It is God’s glory – not mine. Or, another way to say it is, “What a friend [I] have in Jesus.

No comments: