Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Path for My Feet

A Path for My Feet
March 24, 2011

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119: 105 KJV

I have a feeling that this verse of Psalm 119 is one of the most quoted. Each day I wake up and sometimes don’t know which direction to go. I usually start my day by reading a mediation from Charles Stanley’s In Touch and praying for everyone on my prayer list – it’s grown quite large. Most days I want to do several things at once and don’t know which ones to do first. Well, for me, I do cleaning tasks before I make something to eat. It’s just a habit I’ve gotten into. Maybe it’s because I feel more comfortable knowing that if I do certain tasks first, I’ll feel more comfortable sitting down to eat. However, during the day, God guides me places that I don’t think I’ve planned to go when I go out. At times, I encounter someone to whom I’ll give a compliment (I’m very outgoing) and they mention it’s exactly what they needed. Many days I’ve encountered Wendy, one of my neighbor’s daughters. Wendy has several mental and emotional disabilities. The last time I saw her she was with her mother and had on a new pair of glasses. Previously, when I saw Wendy, she walked along the sidewalk and sometimes in the street, picking up trash. This last time I saw her, I complimented Wendy on her glasses and she replied in the clearest voice I’d ever heard her speak. My heart was so happy for her. I don’t know whether it was the glasses or maybe a combination of medications Wendy was finally taking or both that made the difference. I’m just glad that God directed my feet to see Wendy and her mother. God’s Word is the Light that guides my feet in the direction the Lord wants me to go. No other book does that for me, although I do read other books. The Bible keeps me on the path I need to travel and soothes my spirit so I am washed in the serenity I long for. God blesses me in the most unusual ways – big and small.

No comments: